The National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) is having its Annual Show, titled The Way to Play in a Digital World, April 5-10 in Las Vegas. Over 93,000 media and entertainment professionals from more than 150 countries are expected to attend, and more than 1,550 companies will be gathering in a venue of over 850,000 square feet.
The Show includes more than 500 skill building sessions, and more than 1,700 press representatives are expected to attend. International participants are expected to make up 27% of the total attendance. With NAB’s 90-plus years of industry leadership, this is an event that content makers won’t want to miss.
You can register online for one of six packages. The different registration packages allow you to customize your attendance beyond the exhibits. Members of the NAB can save $125 or more on the SMART, Conference, and Post|Production packages. Government employees and students with proper ID are also entitled to some discounts. The six registration packages are:
- SMART Pass ($1,349) – the most comprehensive registration package and best value
- Conference Flex Pass ($649) – for exhibits, NAB Show Opening, General Sessions, Info Sessions, 6 Conferences, Most Workshops, and Super Sessions
- Super Sessions ($325) – for Exhibits, NAB Show Opening, General Sessions, Info Sessions, and Super Sessions
- Workshops ($385+) – for Exhibits, NAB Show Opening, General Sessions, Info Sessions, and your choice of 1-Day Workshop
- Session 3-Pack ($150) – for Exhibits, NAB Show Opening, General Sessions, Info Sessions, and your choice of 3 Sessions in the Conference Program
- Post|Production World ($945) – for access to the world’s leading event for content creators in production and post-production. One-Day packages are also available.
Exhibits cover everything from content creation to consumption. The Show Floor is organized into eight Exhibit Communities filled with new products, interactive exhibits, live demos, and tech-focused pavilions. Exhibit hours are Monday, April 7 through Wednesday, April 9 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Thursday, April 10 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. The eight Exhibit Communities are:
- Acquisition & Production – cameras, lenses, 3D production equipment, lighting, grip, motion capture, virtual production, set design, motion picture and film
- Display Systems – 4K, digital signage, televisions, monitors, projections, screens, ultra HD
- Distribution / Delivery / Online Video – HDTV, 4G, antennas, transmitters, broadband connectivity, digital cinema, mobile video, satellite technology, streaming, etc.
- Management & Systems – Digital asset management, storage, signal management, cloud computing, routers, newsroom automation, multicasting, etc.
- Outdoor / Mobile Media – ENG, SNG, DSNG vehicles and services, mobile production studios, signage, power generation, satellite uplink
- Post-Production – animation / VFX, editing software and hardware, motion graphics, music and sound libraries, subtitling, format conversion, etc.
- Pro Audio – 5.1, audio editing, mastering, mixing, effects, production, post-production, encoding, recording, compression technologies
- Radio – analog, digital and streaming tech, HD radio, antennas, transmitters, scheduling software, signal management, security, web, mobile applications, etc.
The six conferences are:
- Broadcast Engineering Conference – Saturday, April 5 – Thursday, April 10 featuring papers on advanced media technologies
- Broadcast Management Conference – Sunday, April 6 – Wednesday, April 9 featuring essentials for effective station management
- Creative Master Series – Monday, April 7 – Wednesday, April 9, about storytelling for all screens
- Disruptive Media Conference – Wednesday, April 9 – Thursday, April 10, about making a profit in entertainment’s new landscape
- Media Management in the Cloud – Tuesday, April 8 – Wednesday, April 9, featuring advances in content reliability and security
- Technology Summit on Cinema – Saturday, April 5 – Sunday, April 6, featuring advances in images and sound
Post-Production World (P|PW) is the world’s leading training event for digital media professionals, and is attended by production and post-production professionals, those in commercial video, broadcasters, independent filmmakers, delivery professionals, government and military personnel. P|PW Authorized and Certification Prep Classes are Saturday, April 5 through Wednesday, April 9. Available classes include Apple Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Premiere Pro 250, Avid Media Composer 7, and REDucation. P|PW workshops include:
- Digital Publishing Workshop
- Producer / Director Workshop
- Director of Photography Workshop
However you may be involved in content creation, production, or delivery, you will find the NAB Annual Show to be the event you should attend this year. Not only will you learn about the latest technologies, the show provides an unequaled opportunity to network with a range of professionals and bring home ideas and techniques that will take your content to a new level in 2014.
RealMatch offers recruitment advertising solutions for digital publishers and media companies, helping professionals develop website revenue streams and build short and long term success.
Photo Credits: clarita / morguefile.com, Susie B / freedigitalphotos.net